As a service to the community, the Sachem Public Library accepts new passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
When Can I Apply?
Appointments are available:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Tuesday: 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Use the form below to request a passport appointment and a librarian will contact you:
What Do I Need?
- Application: Application DS-11 may be filled out online and then printed single-sided. The library can provide a paper application which must be filled out in black ink with no whiteout or cross outs. Do not sign the application until asked to do so by an agent.
- Applicants and relevant parties: The applicant must be present. Both parents and children must be present for all minor applications under the age of 16.
- Original proof of citizenship: This includes certified, original, or long form birth certificates; naturalization papers; or a U.S. passport for applicants over the age of 16. Your original documents will be mailed to the Department of State and will be returned to you. You must also bring a photocopy of your proof of citizenship.
- Valid photo identification: Applicants and parents of applicants under age 16 must have a valid photo ID. You must also bring a photocopy of the front and back of this ID on one side of one piece of paper.
- Current passport photo: The library provides photo services for $10 per applicant. If you wish to bring your own photograph, refer to the Department of State’s guidelines. Photographs must be 2×2, taken with the last 6 months, with a plain white background. No eyeglasses, uniforms, camouflage, or hats may be worn.
Please feel free to call the library at: