Homeschooling @ Your Library
CHOOSE YOUR GRADE FOR RESOURCES THAT ARE SPECIFIC FOR THOSE AGES:
- Educational Databases
- Education Kits
- School-Based Magazines with Lessons
- Oak Meadow K-8 Curriculum Course Books
- Sachem Central School District Middle & High School Textbooks
- Test Prep Materials
- Supplemental Library Classes for Homeschool Students
HOW CAN THE LIBRARY SUPPORT YOUR SCHOOLING NEEDS?
KINDERGARTEN – 2nd GRADE
- CultureGrams Kids Edition: Resource for reliable cultural information on countries of the world.
- World Book Web: Articles, multimedia content, and biographies that encourage a young learner to be curious. Curated content supports STEM/STEAM instructional initiatives.
- BookFlix: Designed to strengthen early literacy skills while exposing young learners to real world concepts, pairs more than 120 animated stories from Weston Woods with best-selling nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic on a similar subject.
3rd GRADE – 5th GRADE
- National Geographic KIDS: Brings students the world in a way they’ve never seen before including adventures in science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space.
- TrueFlix: Offers hundreds of units to supplement social studies and science core curricula learning.
- Kids Infobits: Provides indexed, searchable content with more than 13,000 images, over 1,700 kid-friendly charts and graphs, and nearly 600 high-quality educational videos from resources including books, magazines, and news periodicals.
- Muzzy: Offers children an opportunity to learn new languages through an interactive, self-directed program.
6th GRADE – 8th GRADE
- Britannica School: Discover encyclopedia articles, multimedia, primary sources, games, and other learning resources that support student research and reinforce curriculum standards.
- CultureGrams: Resource for reliable cultural information on countries of the world.
- Middle School (Gale in Context): Provides engaging reference, periodical, and multimedia content supporting national and state curriculum standards in language arts, social studies, and science.
- ScienceFlix: Offers more than 70 complete units of study, to provide students with a better understanding of science concepts and ideas through hands-on projects, videos, multiple text types, and interactive features.
- World History Encyclopedia: Downloadable lessons, activities & more. Lessons come with a collection of supplementary materials and useful links on the subject, as well as downloadable handouts, assessments, keys and much more.
9th GRADE – 12th GRADE
- History Reference Center: Features historical reference books, magazines, journals and thousands of primary source documents for U.S. and World History.
- Career Cruising: Offers a self-exploration and planning program that allows students to document each stage of their career exploration process, think critically about their options, and build an individualized future readiness plan. Create an account to take an interest test and receive a guided career plan.
- Science Online: Contains a comprehensive overview of a broad range of scientific disciplines.
- Learning Express (3.0): Provides a comprehensive selection of interactive online tutorials, practice tests, articles, eBooks and test preparation — modeled after official tests. Create an account to track class progress.
- Mango Languages: Builds the 6 critical skills necessary for true language learning– vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, culture, comprehension and retention. Create an account to keep track of lessons.
- The American Yawp: Offers a free and, collaboratively built, American history textbook designed for college-level history courses.
RESOURCES FOR ANY GRADE LEVEL