100 Books Before Graduation
WHAT IS IT?
100 Books Before Graduation is a reading initiative for teens to read 100 books before they graduate from high school.
Studies have shown reading for pleasure and enjoyment has a positive impact both academically and socially. Additionally, there is an improvement in emotional health and well-being.
Reading for pleasure can:
- Result in higher test scores
- Improve reading achievement (strong vocabulary, greater use of grammatical structure, and improved writing style)
- Increase social skills
- Reduce stress
- Help cure boredom
Who Can Participate?
Students entering 6th-12th in the Sachem Central School District
How Does It Work?
- Register here.
- Record the Books you complete each month using a personalized book log sent within 10 days of registration.
- Incentive prizes will be given each time an individual reaches a 20-book milestone.
- There is no set list of books to read for this personal reading challenge. You can read anything on your reading level. Audiobooks and graphic novels count.
- Need some reading recommendations? Check out Teen Reads for Teen Librarian recommendations or submit this form to get personalized reading suggestions.
- You have until June 30 of your senior year of high school to reach 100 books.
Have more questions? This FAQ will answer them for you.