Coronavirus information (COVID-19)
The Sachem Public Library is now open to patrons. We thank you for your patience and understanding during this stressful time and ask that you be aware of the following guidelines and safety precautions:
- Hours: Monday-Friday 10am-8pm, Saturday 10am-4pm
- Masks required for staff and patrons
- Social distancing required
- Reduced Occupancy & Visits limited to 60 minutes
- Computer access limited to 1 hour
- Returns at Outside Drops only
- Limited access to seating/Limited access to Children’s Dept.
- Inside/Out Garden is open
- Discovery Grove is closed, but will reopen September 28th from 10am-4:30pm
- Study Rooms and Community Rooms are closed
- Curbside service remains in effect
Curbside Pickup is now available Mon-Fri from 9:30am-7pm and Sat 9:30am-4:30pm. Please call the library at (631)588-5024 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request items. In addition to the Title/Author and format (book, large print, DVD, Blu-ray, etc.) please include your full name, phone # and library barcode #. 10 items max. We’ll contact you when items are ready, then deliver them to your car.
Effective immediately and continuing until further notice:
- All programs & events are cancelled
- All overdue fines are being waived
- All donations of books, food and clothing are suspended
Sachem Public Library highly prioritizes the health and safety of our patrons and staff. The library recommends following the guidance of the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which includes watching for symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
As this situation evolves, the library will publish updates regarding access to the library and its services via our online outlets.
At Home Library Access
Listed below are some of the many library resources that can be accessed from home with your library card. If you need a new card, we ARE able to issue new cards during this crisis. Go to our online form, select ‘Get a New Card’ and provide the requested info. You will be emailed your new account information, and your physical card will be mailed to you. Once you receive your account information by email, you may begin using it to access all of the library’s online resources below:
Parents– help your kids understand why we need to wear masks